The Coldest Night of the Year is a winterrific family-friendly walk to raise money for Canadian Mental Health Association who serving people experiencing hurt, hunger, and homelessness. All money raised goes back into the community. Team up, fundraise, sponsor, walk, and gather for good... because it’s cold out there.
- When: Saturday, February 25, 2023.
- Where: Muskoseepi Park Pavilion.
- What: Participants register to walk 2km + 5km around Muskoseepi Park.
- Who: Everyone is welcome! CNOY is family-friendly – participants range in age from toddlers (with parents of course) to active seniors.
- How: Participants register online to set up their personal Fundhub page at cnoy.org/grandeprairie. You can also become a team captain. Team Captains are the backbone of CNOY. Here's what they do:
- Create their team online (pick their location + charity, their fundraising goal, and a sweet name).
- Recruit other people to walk on their team, and encourage teammates in their fundraising efforts.
- Provide help to walkers with questions (and send them to the CNOY Team if needed!).
It's easy to set your goal, add your photo message, and thank donors via email. Donors who give online are receipted within minutes of their secure gift of $20 or more. When you go the extra mile and fundraise ($150 for adults, $75 for youth under 17 or under) we'll celebrate your efforts with an oh-so-comfy 2023 CNOY Toque. Our thanks for a fundraising job well done!
- Local business can get involved by being an event sponsor.
- No Registration Fee: CNOY is 100% free to join! Everyone is welcome to come and fundraise.
- Impact: By walking in the cold, you'll feel a hint of the challenge faced by those experiencing homelessness during winter. By fundraising, you'll be contributing much-needed money to Canadian Mental Health Association that is bringing hope and help to people in Grande Prairie and area who need support.
- Canadian Brewhouse will be providing chili for participants
- Starbucks will be providing coffee
- There will be door prizes and a DJ