The Client Support Worker V will maintain a fixed and mobile DS service team that assists clients in achieving an optimum quality of life by assisting them to achieve their daily living needs, enhancing their life skills, addressing health and mental needs, engaging in meaningful activities and building positive social and community relations.
Client Support Worker V (Team Lead)
The Client Support Worker V ( Team Lead ) will support a team of Support Workers, being a liaison of assistance and support to the Program Manager as required. Works closely with the Disability Services Program Manager to ensure fidelity to the philosophy of the program and standards of practice are adhered to.
- Location: Multiple Sites
- Reporting To: Disability Services Program Manager
- Practise fidelity to the Disability Services program model.
- Successful completion of Orientation and core training required to fulfill duties.
- Advocates for the mission of the organization and promotes the vision and direction of the agency’s values with safety, respect and effectiveness.
- Exude and promote integrity within the Disability Services program. Ensure this virtue is maintained throughout each Individualized Support Plan and during each interaction with the client.
- Discuss and determine client support plans alongside Program Manager; aid Support Worker to implement plan and risk assessment.
- Establish a rapport and build relationship with client. Ensure client is fully informed of what support workers role is.
- Facilitate and promote full inclusion and participation of client in daily activities.
- Continual review, evaluation and documentation of client progress within their support plan. Ensure all activities are clearly documented.
- Ensure clients are aware of their right to submit a grievance and understand the grievance process.
- Transport and accompany client to meetings, appointments or other as deemed necessary within the Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Observe and promote safety, respect and effectiveness; utilizing strong organization and time management skills daily.
- Liaise between Support Workers and Program Manager. Ensure all parties are well informed of pertinent information while maintaining effective and respectful communications.
- Possess strong initiative and commitment, with the ability to solve challenges creatively and ethically in a respectful and empathetic manner.
- Keep Program Manager apprised of any staffing challenges or concerns.
- Adherence to FOIP.
- Timely submission of forms and documentation to Program Manager (time sheets, mileage, request for leave, incident reports etc.)
- Assist Program Manager in the scheduling of staff.
- Audit staff time sheets against schedule for inconsistencies and investigate with staff. Note and discuss with Program Manager.
- Participate in and facilitate client Individual Support Plans (ISP) and home visits.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager internal and external team meetings.
- Schedule and participate in on-call services for the program.
- Report regularly to Program Manager.
- Follows all policies and procedures of the Organization.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the work environment.
- Maintain a valid class 5 driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Experience in the field may be considered appropriate educational requirements
- Valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle, with appropriate insurance
- First Aid and CPR
Minimum of 3 year’s experience working with vulnerable populations including people with mental health issues, substance use issues and complex needs
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to deal with the public in a positive, courteous, and respectful manner
- Maintain effective and respectful communication skills both written and verbal.
- Organize and maintain participant case files in a timely fashion.
- Follows all policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ability to handle changing schedules and priorities, with-high level prioritization skills
- Strong work ethic and organizational planning skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Fluent in the English language
- Please forward your resume complete with references to: email@example.com
- disability_services_support_worker_V_aug_24_2022.pdf (111 Downloads)