Support For Persons With Disabilities
Providing one to one support, we help people with developmental disabilities expand their social networks, develop social skills and improve positive interaction. Through person centre planning and individualized goal setting, social skills are further developed while the individual works toward enhancing positive relationships, improving their sense of well-being and inclusion in the community.
We strive to offer support to people with a wide variety of needs, and since receiving a level 1 accreditation in October of 2015, we have widened the scope of our support services to include:
- Community Living Supports & Accessibility
- Employment & Educational Support; help acquiring or maintaining employment, résumé preparation, application and funding inquiries for school
- Health support
- Help with maintaining housing
- Help with justice
- Support for enhancing cultural values & beliefs
Our staff are professionals who have satisfied all of the requirements for Disability Services & Accreditation training. We provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their greatest potential. Contact us for more information on this client-focused, person-centred program.
Intensive Case Management
CMHA provides intensive case management supports for the homeless individuals in Grande Prairie through the Housing First Program. Program is funded through the City of Grande Prairie’s Homelessness Initiative Program. This program offers support to individuals who experience homelessness and have multiple barriers regarding locating and maintaining housing.
What We Do...
- Use Centralized Assessments to identify appropriate clients
- Mandatory home visits
- Match a Case Manager who has the appropriate skills to support the client, relative to clients acuity level and needs
- Individualized case plans with measurable goals are developed with the client on a regularly scheduled basis through a person-centered approach.
- Life skills teaching/coaching on-site in a clients home on a regularly scheduled basis
- Ensure the landlord-tenant agreement is in the tenants name. Arrangements are made when possible to have rent paid directly to the landlord from the income source.
- Deliver support services to Aboriginal clients in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Facilitate move out: the program ensure that clients who would benefit from continued participation in program services, or otherwise cannot continue to be serviced by the project, are offered active support to become successfully transitioned into appropriate housing. The program will not knowingly discharge or exit a client into homelessness.
Hub Resource Centre
The Hub offers the opportunity for anyone who is currently experiencing or has experienced a mental illness to participate in a variety of fun programs and activities. This program is funded in cooperation with Alberta Health Services.
Come and join us
- Creative Arts Drop In Tuesdays/Thursdays 1-3 Every week there is unique art projects
- Collective Kitchen $10.00/month Includes:
- Participating in meal prep
- nutritional information
- 1 brunch a week
- 1 supper a week
- Fieldtrips, Boardgames, Cards & Coffee, Speacial Occasion Activities, Bingo, Sing-a-longs and much more….
Living Life to the Fullest
Make a difference in your life by participating in enjoyable, interactive courses designed to not only help you understand your feelings, thoughts and behaviours, but also what to do about them. Living Life to the Full consists of eight, 90-minute sessions where you will learn how to feel happier, more confident and ready to handle whatever it is that life throws at you.
These sessions are organized by a trained facilitator and include discussion, exercises, handouts and a booklet. For more information on the Living Life to the Full courses and schedule, please contact us at (780) 814-2349.
Constructed in 2003, Willow Place is a 57 unit apartment building for people with mental health conditions. CMHA-ANWR operates the building where residents live independently in bachelor suite apartments.
To become a resident of Willow Place, you must qualify for affordable housing, be able to pay rent and live independently with support. For more information, please call us at (780) 814-2349.
Mobile Addictions Outreach
Provides outreach services to high-risk, street involved individuals with substance abuse problems. Program is funded solely through Alberta Health Services. One full time staff member provides supports, referrals, services and information for individuals experiencing addictions and/or mental health problems
Only one in three people who experience a mental health problem or illness - and as few as one in four children or youth - report that they have sought and received services and treatment.
-Mental Health Commission of Canada
The goal is to engage high-risk, street involved populations and increase access to information about and participation in substance abuse treatment programs and services.
What We Do...
- Street Outreach
- Case Management
- Provide referrals and connection to other community supports
- Provide education on addictions, mental health and harm reduction
- Provide support and advocacy
Parkside Permanent Supportive Housing Pilot
The Parkside Pilot is a permanent supportive housing program located at 10437-100th avenue in the former Parkside Inn. The pilot will be operated during 2019 and 2020 by the Grande prairie CMHA and started operation on January 1st 2019.
During the Pilot, monitoring and evaluation will help determine whether the location is a good fit for the program, and what changes might be made going forward to improve program services. A community-based committee has also been established to help steer and provide feedback on the Parkside Pilot.
The Project Features:
- Support workers are on site 24/7 to provide resident support
- Security cameras and staff-monitored access
- On site Mental health and addiction workers
- Resident support in managing substance use using a harm reduction approach
- Community-based advisory committee assists with neighbourhood integration